Saturday, October 21, 2017

Pity Party and Peach Blossom Rancher .99 sale


One my gifts: A granddaughter

NEWS FLASH: On Thursday, Oct. 19, Peach Blossom Rancher will be .99 on the first day of a Count-Down Deal offered by Elk Lake Publishing Inc. The price will be .99 until Oct. 24, when the book will be $3.99. Get e-book or paperback on Amazon now at http://amzn.to/2arRVgG

Fall 2017 newsletter

One day I had a big pity party for myself and I was the whole guest list. I cried out to the Lord with my complaints while I wept. I’ve made a habit of telling Him all my troubles since my youth, and I’ve felt pretty good about it.

Yet that day I felt God throwing out the goodies I’d placed on my pity party plate. He jerked the back of my collar and I heard Him speak into my spirit: “In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.”

Those words recorded in John 16:33 begin with “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.” Then he goes on to say, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”

How long has it been since you knew God loves you and can turn what you’re going through into something good?

How long has it been since you’ve looked at the past to see the amazing blessing of the Lord in spite of difficulty?

Are your children and grandchildren losing their faith in God and the importance of His work in their lives?

Are you discouraged spiritually and going through a hard time?

Do you believe God is working in your life today and in the future?

God can turn miserable moments into jubilant joy. That’s what happened when I spent five years in a Utah town, population 100, three bars, no church, zero Christian friends. I never would have been a writer or a newspaper reporter if I hadn’t gone through Thompson, Utah. I also would not have discovered the wonder of God answering prayer when I asked the Lord for a helper and within a week He sent a beautiful Baptist gal my age to help create a Sunday school in that town. We had the joy of telling 16 children who had never heard about Jesus, and because of Jesus they can live forever!

Perhaps that’s why my writing brand is “Stick-to-your-soul Encouragement.” From my first book Confessions of a Pentecostal and my other non-fiction books, Swallowed by Life: Mysteries of Death, Resurrection and the Eternal; Imagine the Future You; and Facts, Faith & Propaganda; to my fiction books, Joe the Dreamer: The Castle and the Catapult; The Lady Fugitive; and Peach Blossom Rancher; I’ve hoped and prayed readers feel encouraged spiritually when they go through the conflict, suspense, humor, romance,--and turn the last page.

 I hear from many readers that they enjoy the books and the truths shared there, but they also are encouraged! I was blessed recently by a friend who told me at church she wanted a paperback copy of Joe the Dreamer so she could share it at a library. “It’s the best book I’ve read in years and even though it was written in 2013 it’s similar to what’s occurring in our country today,” she said.”

I enjoy letting you get acquainted with my characters, and sharing things I’ve learned over the years. It’s is all about you—my readers.

I cherish knowing you, giving you a glimpse of my life and my Lord – and even recipes.

FYI: Paperback copies of my books will be available at Central Assembly’s Holiday Expo on Nov. 3. Or order anytime on Amazon.



Recipe

PUMPKIN GINGER SQUARES

1 cup flour

½ cup oatmeal

½ cup brown sugar

½ cup margarine



Combine until crumbly. Press into 13 X 9 pan. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees F.

FILLING:

2 cups or one 16-ounce can pumpkin

2 eggs

½ teaspoon ginger

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 (10-ounce can) evaporated milk



Beat well. Pour over crust and bake 30 minutes.

TOPPING

½ cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons margarine

½ cup nuts



Crumble. Sprinkle over filling and bake 30-40 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean.








No comments:

Post a Comment